The Obsession - Nora Roberts

Synopsis Naomi Bowes lost her innocence the night she followed her father into the woods. In freeing the girl trapped in the root cellar, Naomi revealed the horrible extent of her father’s crimes and made him infamous.

Now a successful photographer living under the name Naomi Carson, she has found a place that calls to her, thousands of miles away from everything she’s ever known. Naomi wants to embrace the solitude, but the residents of Sunrise Cove keep forcing her to open up—especially the determined Xander Keaton.

Naomi can feel her defenses failing, and knows that the connection her new life offers is something she’s always secretly craved. But as she’s learned time and again, her past is never more than a nightmare away.

Thoughts I really enjoyed this one. From the very beginning the story gripped me and kept hold of me till the end. It's a beautifully paced story with vivid descriptions of the Washington state town, Sunrise Cove, where Naomi has decided to renovate a rambling, dilapidated old house, badly in need of repairs, and make it her new home. The relationship between Naomi and Xander was well written, neither one of them was looking for love but love had a way of finding them. Secondary characters are just as good and well written from the uncles to the townspeople and lets not forget Tag the dog.

"It’s easier to keep moving than to root… For someone like me."